Series-Sovereign Wealth in European Property - 1 Defining the universe
18 March 2013, 06:55 PM
Several sovereign wealth funds, mainly from the Mid East, have been active in European real estate for nearly a decade, focused mainly on London and Paris, the PIE Roundtable at MIPIM heard last week. But many newcomers with different approaches are spreading around Europe and some $10bn annually will flow in over the next five years, according to one forecast.
- French Klépierre says portfolio more cohesive after ¤2bn Carrefour sale
- C&W raises 2014 European RE debt sales forecast to ¤50bn
- Qatar invests in Spain's Colonial, buys 9% of French SFL via Dubai firm
- Spain's Hispania begins deploying ¤550m equity with Marbella hotel
- German Union pays Commerz Real ¤244m for Amsterdam office
- Ireland's NAMA puts prime Redwood Portfolio on block for ¤160m
- Aberdeen’s liquidating Degi Intl. German fund pays out ¤160m
- Bank of China, global banks lend ¤460m for Segro expansion
- Dutch Bouwfonds IM plans French European housing fund
- German Deka finances Paris La Defense tower after all-equity buy
For more Property Investor Europe news, click thru to our News archive.