Brunei family office pays Standard Life £100m for London mall
12 September 2013, 09:35 PM
In a further sign of wealthy Asian and Mid-East investors targeting prime retail in Europe’s major cities, a family office based in the tiny state of Brunei on Malaysia's Borneo coast is paying over Stg100m to buy London's Whiteleys Shopping Centre from a fund run by Standard Life Investments.
- Israeli insurer Clal seals £42m Glasgow office deal
- China's Gingko pan-Europe deals signal wider Asian search for value - blog
- High Gain House plans ¤100m expansion of Mall of Berlin
- Malaysian KWSP said buyer of AEW's ¤315m German offices
- Developers lent ¤600m for Mall of Berlin, mainly by non-banks
- UK’s Pradera buys from Carpathian reach ¤70m
- S.African NEPI pays ¤165m for Slovakian retail/office park
- 'Battle for assets' in Euro real estate in 2014 - ULI/PwC Emerging Trends
- Spanish family office Invivas eyes ¤40m in Germany after first buy
- Investors eye UK secondary property and industrials – Aviva
For more Property Investor Europe news, click thru to our News archive.